The Project Percentage Complete figure displays on the Project Snapshot.This is derived by :
- Calculating the total Planned Effort of all tasks in the project, then
- Calculating the total Percent Complete for all tasks (entered by users as they update their tasks).
- Multiplying the total Planned Effort by total Percent Complete to give the Completed Effort.
- The Completed Effort result is then divided by the total Planned Effort and multiplied by 100.
Therefore 118 hours / 160 hours x 100 = 73.75% Project Percent Complete
Note: Changes to a task percentage complete will be reflected immediately on the Project Snapshot.
Milestones affect the percent complete total as follows, if the project has:
- no tasks and at least one incomplete milestone then the project percent complete = 0%
- no tasks and only complete milestones then the project percent complete = 100%
- tasks that are all 100% complete but there is at least one incomplete milestone then the project percent complete = 99%